The course includes specialist modules that cover topics like financial management, international finance and corporate reporting. With a finance specialism as part of your degree award, you’ll have an extra edge in employability.
There’s plenty of support for you to develop the academic study skills that are required. Whatever your background, we’ll help you take the more critical, deeper and research-informed approach that’s needed for an honours degree at a UK university.
On graduation you’ll be equipped to embark on a business- or finance-related career. Finance is a central function in business and our past students have been gone on to rewarding jobs in a variety of roles.
- The Business and Finance (top up award) (Hons) course from Northumbria University includes the ‘Academic and Career Development’ module that will equip you with knowledge and skills for academic success and long-term career development. As part of this you’ll explore your personality, values, abilities and interests to make a well-informed career choice and develop a career plan.
- Every module will play a role in developing and reinforcing the transferable attributes that are necessary for graduate employment: effective time management, excellent communication, good teamwork and high level analysis. In addition our Careers and Employment Service will offer a range of workshops, one-to-one advice, and networking opportunities.
- International Finance and Responsible Financial Management
- Banking Risk
- Contemporary Corporate Reporting
- Academic Language Skills for Newcastle Business School
- Academic and Career Development
- Contemporary Issues in Business
- Supporting Study
- Strategic Management and Corporate Responsibility
- Finance and Entrepreneurship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance View 802 other Bachelors in Finance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BTEC HND/Foundation degree
- in a related discipline or equivalent UK/Overseas qualifications.
- If you have taken a BTEC HND programme we will usually expect you to have performed to an average of merit standard.
- If you have taken a Foundation Degree we will be looking for performance to commendation level or 60% average.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.