Childhood Education and Mathematics Extension (Grades 1–6 and Mathematics 7-9) from Buffalo State SUNY culminating courses for the Childhood with math extension major include two supervised student teaching experiences with children at different age levels in different types of schools. Eligibility and placement for each student teaching experience is determined by the department office in cooperation with public schools in the greater Buffalo area. It is expected that students in this major will have at least one urban teaching experience.
Graduates in this major will be recommended for New York State Initial Certification to teach children in grades 1–6 and 7-9 mathematics.
- Child Development and Education
- School and Society
- Elementary Education
- Educational Psychology: Elementary Education
- Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
- The Teaching of Reading and other Language Arts in the Elementary School
- The Teaching of Science in the Elementary School
- The Teaching of Mathematics in the Elementary School
- Behavior and Classroom Management
- Foundations of Teaching Children with Disabilities
- Elementary and Middle School Mathematics from an Advanced Standpoint
- Teaching Mathematics in the Middle School
- Student Teaching of Mathematics in Junior High-Middle School
- Seminar in Education
- Student Teaching
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International students - Please contact the university for application dates and deadlines.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Early Childhood Education View 2816 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Demonstrate the ability to pay all college costs (estimated at $35,244 USD annually)
- Provide evidence of proficiency in the English language
- Submit your transcripts
- Submit your test results and scores (optional)
- To be considered for admission to the Childhood Education with Math Extension major (CMT), students must have an 85% High School average or a cumulative GPA of 3.0, as well as submitted ACT or SAT scores as part of the application process.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3535 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.