Practice Your Passion
- Gain a solid understanding of the history of the art form.
- Discover how to think like a designer in engaging and challenging studio classes.
- Learn how to view setbacks as fundamental to the art-making process.
The Design and Production program is crafted to prepare you for work in the professional industry and a lifetime of creative exploration. Study begins with a core group of classes that emphasize the fundamentals of all design disciplines. From there, you’ll move into an area of emphasis in scenery, costumes, lighting, sound, or media. Advanced level studio and technique classes allow you to focus your course-work with classes in drafting, costume construction, lighting techniques and many more. These courses are paired with an innovative study of the historical and contemporary trends in drama and design. You’ll even take an acting class to understand how performers relate to design.
Add Opportunities and Experiences
The Production and Design for Stage and Screen program from Pace University provides intensive pre-professional training for the designer and craftsperson. It is geared toward developing technologically sophisticated skills in the fields of scenery, costumes, lighting, sound, and media. The four-year sequence of courses focuses on primary and secondary areas of concentration and core requirements in sketching, rendering, media and design history, script analysis, and much more. The hands-on training required for success in today's theater and entertainment industries begins on day one.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Story Structure
- Creativity Collaborative for Production and Design
- Scenery and Stagecraft
- Stage Lighting
- Sound and Story
- Scenic Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 1042 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application & Fee
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who knows you well and can attest to your academic potential and personal characteristics.
- A Written Essay/Personal Statement - One essay/personal statement, approximately 250-650 words in length, which will assist the Admission Committee in reviewing your application. The essay/personal statement you submit must consist solely of your own original work.
- Official Test Scores - Official test scores and other educational materials must be sent directly from the testing authority or institution.
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts, diplomas, and leaving examination scores from secondary and post-secondary schools (in English).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46978 USD per year during 48 months.
National46978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.