The Biochemistry major at University of San Diego is a dynamic mixture of foundational chemistry and biology courses and a unique mixture of advanced specialized biochemistry classes to give our students a chance to experiment in biochemistry and learn about the chemical properties of biological molecules and systems. Students in the biochemistry major are well prepared for careers in biochemistry, entry into the top graduate programs across the nation and are ready for medical school and other health professions.
Because biochemistry is a diverse field, students in this major are exposed to advanced biochemistry topics with additional options in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or physics. Our new hybrid laboratory course, Molecular Biology Techniques and other courses ensure our students are ready for jobs, graduate research and careers in the medical field.
Students majoring in biochemistry will:
- demonstrate understanding of fundamental chemical concepts through performance on assignments and exams (lecture setting) and laboratory experiments and reports (laboratory setting).
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of experimental approaches to solving problems of a chemical nature and have an ability to extend that knowledge to the solution of new problems.
- demonstrate written and oral communication skills for conversing on a chemical nature.
- demonstrate a proficiency in the discipline through discovery and validation of new knowledge in research projects.will apply skills of the discipline to analyze, interpret and communicate results of laboratory experiments and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Techniques in Molecular Biology
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- Environmental Chemistry
- Research Methods
- Organic / Physical Experimental Chemistry
- Inorganic / Physical Experimental Chemistry
- Advanced Synthesis
- Instrumental Analysis
- Biophysical Chemistry Laboratory
- Special Topics in Chemistry / Biochemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1863 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Common Application, including USD Member Questions
- Transcripts must be translated into English, if necessary. This includes annual grades of each high school year.
- At least one academic letter of recommendation
- Application Fee of $55.00
International52120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52120 USD per year during 48 months.
National52120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52120 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.