You will choose from three concentrations in creative writing, literature, or linguistics, which also allows for the ability to double major in related fields. This English Language and Literature program at Pace University will open doors in virtually any field, such as journalism, publishing, communications, business, the arts, law, and education.
Make Main Character Moves
Beyond the classroom, you will have the opportunity to learn from prominent poets and authors who visit campus, publish your own work in Aphros, our literary magazine, and gain hands-on experience working on The Pace Press, our undergraduate student newspaper.
You will be guided by our outstanding faculty of authors, editors, and world-renowned scholars with diverse research interests and expertise.
You will develop the in-demand skills you need for success in today’s competitive job market: top-notch writing, insightful critical analysis, and clear, organized thinking.
What are you going to do with a degree in English? The sky’s the limit! English majors have the opportunity to combine a rigorous and rewarding academic experience with all New York City has to offer to burgeoning creative professionals. Recent English majors have landed prestigious internships with:
- the National Book Foundation
- Penguin Random House
- Macmillan-St. Martin’s Press
- David Black Literary Agency
- The PEN America Foundation
in areas such as:
- Social Media
- Digital Content Management
- … and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Linguistics
- Literature, Culture and Media
- Creative Writing
- Creative Writing: Drama
- Creative Writing: Film Scenario
- Language and Gender
- The History of the English Language
- Composition Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 2195 other Bachelors in Literature in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application & Fee
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who knows you well and can attest to your academic potential and personal characteristics.
- A Written Essay/Personal Statement - One essay/personal statement, approximately 250-650 words in length, which will assist the Admission Committee in reviewing your application. The essay/personal statement you submit must consist solely of your own original work.
- Official Test Scores - Official test scores and other educational materials must be sent directly from the testing authority or institution.
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts, diplomas, and leaving examination scores from secondary and post-secondary schools (in English).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48152 USD per year during 48 months.
National48152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48152 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State48152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48152 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.