Through coursework and independent projects, you will learn to exercise the freedom to develop your own areas of expertise and pursue answers to your own questions about American ideals and contradictions.
This self-directed, “do-it-yourself” major equips students with strong analytical and rhetorical skills, the ability to integrate knowledge about diverse fields and subjects, and the capacity for civic and community engagement that signifies leadership in a variety of professional fields not limited to: politics and government, economics, social work, education, journalism, business, psychology and counseling, law, digital and print media, non-profit work, theater, the arts, and activism.
A Degree Tailored to You
- Students choose from among three concentrations to engage a range of scholarly interests and prepare for a variety of careers. The Cultural Studies, Critical Race and Ethnicity Studies, or Law tracks allow you to customize your degree with courses selected from across the University.
- The American Studies program from Pace University connects you to a broad network of faculty and departments, making it easy to double major and to complete one or more minors, and it features personalized academic advising by the director of the program.
- At Pace, learning extends beyond the classroom. Our dedicated professors are often working professionals who bring their expertise to Pace students. With the Big Apple as your backdrop, you can achieve anything.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Studies
- Critical Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Native and Indigenous Peoples Studies
- Public Cultures: Museum Studies
- Public Cultures: Urban Cultural Life and the Downtown Culture Explosion
- Entertaining America's Children
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History American Studies View 2382 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application & Fee
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who knows you well and can attest to your academic potential and personal characteristics.
- A Written Essay/Personal Statement - One essay/personal statement, approximately 250-650 words in length, which will assist the Admission Committee in reviewing your application. The essay/personal statement you submit must consist solely of your own original work.
- Official Test Scores - Official test scores and other educational materials must be sent directly from the testing authority or institution.
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts, diplomas, and leaving examination scores from secondary and post-secondary schools (in English).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46978 USD per year during 48 months.
National46978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.