The Exercise and Sport Science (with specialisation) program from Charles Sturt University is available online or on campus. The online and Bathurst on-campus options are accredited by Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA), so you'll graduate as an accredited exercise scientist. A submission for accreditation by ESSA for the on-campus option at Port Macquarie is currently pending.
Become a key player in improving the health of individuals, groups and communities, and the performance of athletes and teams, by providing training and professional advice. Attend classes at Charles Sturt University's Bathurst or Port Macquarie campuses, or study online from just about anywhere. You can study exercise and sport science full-time or part-time, all while gaining exposure to some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry through evidence-based study and a comprehensive work placement program.
Develop transferable skills in analysis, research, communication, project work, organisation and teamwork, which will serve you in many sectors, including health and education. After one year of study, you may choose to undertake a specialisation in sport management. This course also provides a foundation for postgraduate study in the Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology, with a view to becoming an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP).
Learn in our state-of-the-art facilities. The Bathurst campus has well-established laboratories, training and aerobics areas, and testing facilities, including an exercise physiology and biochemistry lab, neuromuscular testing facility and climate control chamber. We're currently investing half a million dollars towards new equipment for the Port Macquarie campus, which will include an exercise physiology and biomechanics lab, anatomy lab and resistance training facility. You may also have the opportunity to work with athletes from the Western Region Academy of Sport (WRAS).
Get personalised support and academic assistance from our experienced lecturers and tutors. They will ensure you graduate with a strong foundation in the theoretical and practical components of exercise science.
Charles Sturt University's Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science (with specialisation) can unlock a variety of opportunities both in Australia and overseas.
- Put your sport science degree to work in sports administration or sports coaching and work with individual athletes and teams. Become a key player in the health promotion and fitness industries with roles in corporate or community fitness programming, personal training and policy, and program planning in government and schools.
- Make a difference as a cardiac technician or go deep and be at the forefront of preventative medicine research.
- Your Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science (with specialisation) can also be a pathway to a career in physiotherapy. Students who successfully complete the degree may, subject to university approval, enter the Bachelor of Physiotherapy with one year of credit.
- Sociocultural Foundations of Human Movement
- Sport and Exercise Behaviour
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Understanding Research
- Nutrition for Health
- Skill Acquisition
- Exercise for Health & Fitness
- Growth, Motor Development and Ageing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 72 other Bachelors in Kinesiology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Charles Sturt University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS CODE: 020109K (Bathurst, Port Macquarie)
- A completed High School Certificate with an ATAR of 65 (including adjustment factors) or equivalent, OR
- A completed Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) with an equivalent ranking to the currently listed ATAR, OR
- A completed AQF Certificate III or higher level qualification, OR
- 50% completion of an AQF Diploma level qualification, OR
- A completed Tertiary Preparation Course from an Australian University or an accredited provider demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success through the Grade Point Average (GPA) gained in these studies, OR
- Successful completion of two university level subjects (AQF level Associate Degree or higher) demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success through the Grade Point Average (GPA) gained in these studies, OR
- Work experience, within the same industry as the course profile, of no less than two years.
International31312 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31312 AUD per year during 36 months.
National9656 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9656 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported place
Living costs for Bathurst
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.