This course has been designed to develop and strengthen your communication skills and teach you how to critically analyse and construct systems in order to gain a clear and wholistic understanding of the software engineering spectrum.
As part of your studies you will go on to become proficient in a range of areas including design, coding and software specification which will give you a solid foundation in computer science and give you the necessary skills to be able to develop your own cutting-edge creations.
With the ability to tailor your course to focus on a range of areas, including robotics and AI, computer security, network computing, games development, digital forensics and intelligent systems, this course offers the perfect platform from which to explore and discover the career pathway that best suits your personal and professional objectives.
Study a Bachelor of Software Engineering at University of Canberra and you will:
- discover how to read, interpret, design and write code.
- learn how to analyse and critique complex, large-scale software systems.
- gain high-level awareness of professional ethics, responsibilities, values and standards.
- achieve comprehensive insight into engineering aspects of computer science
- study the current programming languages at an intensive level
- understand the methodology of software systems engineering using analysis and specification methods such as UML, XML, structured and soft systems methodologies
- learn to design and build systems and software using specialist engineering tools
- work within modern development environments that include Windows, Linux, mobile and cloud computing.
- earn a globally recognised degree.
The UC Bachelor of Software of Engineering is an industry respected and globally recognised degree. UC’s unique connections within the industry also means that students tend to establish strong professional relationships long before they graduate. This often means that students stand out from the competition and have a higher chance of successfully transitioning into any of the following careers:
- Software engineer
- Cloud computing architect
- Software and games developer
- ICT project manager
- ICT security specialist
This course is accredited with the Australian Computer Society and has been designed to impart you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to work as a qualified IT professional, in whichever area of the industry you choose to launch your career in.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Design
- Professional Practice in IT
- Information & Communication Technology Project
- Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Systems Analysis and Modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 85 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
- Basic knowledge and skills in ICT (Information and Communication Technology);
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic: Commonwealth Support Place (CSP)
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.