This four-year comprehensive course will help you explore the human body in detail, and analyse how each muscle, bone, joint, and ligament enables human movement and development across a variety of age ranges and disabilities. You will also develop a sophisticated understanding of how the lungs, heart, brain, and nerves work together, and how to improve peoples’ lives through exercise and movement.
Your study of advanced functional human anatomy combined with training from expert clinicians means you will be able to diagnose and offer effective therapeutic management solutions for a wide range of human movement disorders.
Once you graduate, you’ll open doors to further study, specialisation, or a Ph.D. in Physiotherapy. This course also offers an embedded Honours program for high-achieving students looking to progress into physiotherapy research or academic careers.
Study a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at University of Canberra and you will:
- develop knowledge of the structure and function of the human body
- learn to read, critique, evaluate and apply evidence from research and science into the practices of health care and health services
- enhance your communication skills in listening, speaking, explaining, and teaching
- develop detailed knowledge of normal function and development of the musculoskeletal, cardiothoracic, and neurological systems
- apply your knowledge and skill to assess, prevent, and treat developmental and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal, cardiothoracic, and neurological systems
- understand and apply the professional ethics, responsibilities, values, and standards for the practice of physiotherapy
- develop excellent clinical analytical and reasoning skills.
- New graduate physiotherapist
- Cardiothoracic physiotherapist
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapist
- Neurological physiotherapist
The course is fully accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council, which means you are eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) from the day they graduate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cardiothoracic Interventions
- Musculoskeletal Interventions
- Neurological Interventions
- Electrophysical Agents
- Clinical Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in Ageing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 344 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
- All students in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course are required to complete clinical practice placement in blocks of time, often outside teaching time. These clinical practice placements are essential to the program.
- Prior to commencing clinical practice, all students need to present a complete immunisation schedule, and First Aid Certificates including CPR, as a requirement of the ACT and NSW health departments.
- All students are required to undergo an Australian Federal Police record check prior to undertaking clinical experience in the ACT, and a NSW Police check before undertaking practice in NSW.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.