You’ll complete a four-year program which consists of three years (a minimum of 82 hours) on campus and a three-semester clinical internship. Completion of this program provides eligibility to take the national certification exam and leads to in-demand health care careers.
The extensive training we provide prepares our students for careers as certified medical laboratory scientists. Students of the Medical Laboratory Sciences program from University of South Dakota maintain a pass rate well above the national average on the ASCP Board of Certification Exam, exceeding 98% since 2008. Additionally, we have a job placement rate of 100%. Our students are well-positioned for acceptance into advanced degree programs.
The demand for medical laboratory scientists continues to be high, with opportunities in a wide variety of settings throughout the nation. We maintain 100% employment rate for our graduates.
- Public health and private labs
- Quality control
- Product development
- Instrumentation development
- Traveling MLS
While many of our graduates serve SD and the region through local health care systems such as Avera Health, Huron Regional Medical Center, Monument Health, Sanford Health, and Yankton Medical Clinic, our alumni span the nation.
- Altru Health System, Grand Forks, ND
- CHI Health Center, Omaha, NE
- Covenant Health, Texas
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- MercyOne Siouxland, Sioux City, IA
- Nebraska Medicine, Omaha, NE
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Lab Science
- Medical Laboratory Parasitology
- Advancing Clinical Quality: Turning Data into Decisions
- Medical Laboratory Molecular Diagnostics and Genetics
- Hematology and Hemostasis in the Medical Laboratory
- Hematology and Hemostasis Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2048 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official high school (secondary school) transcript with grade point average equivalent to 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency by meeting one of the following.
- ACT or SAT: ACT English 18+ OR SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500+
- International Baccalaureate (IB): IB English A (4 or higher) or IB English B (6 or higher)
- High School Diploma from an U.S. high school: International students who graduated from an U.S. high school may be eligible to have the English proficiency requirement waived if they have a 2.6 or higher GPA (grade point average) and an official ACT or an SAT test score.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
National12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.