As a dental hygiene student, you'll have numerous opportunities outside the classroom for professional development, clinical experience and socializing with other students in the Dental Hygiene program from University of South Dakota , including the following:
- Interdisciplinary experiences with students and faculty in a wide variety of health professions
- Providing oral cancer screenings at area health fairs and assisted living facilities
- Giving oral health presentations at day care centers, schools, nursing homes and other organizations
- A summer internship providing clinical experience in several practice settings
- An opportunity for student membership in the local chapter of the American Dental Hygienists Association, which sponsors activities throughout the year promoting community service and the dental hygiene profession
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will intentionally engage with diversity in ways that increase awareness, content knowledge, cognitive sophistication, and empathic understanding of the complex ways individuals interact within systems and institutions leading to opportunities for equal access to participation in educational and community programs for all members of society.
- Students will be able to assess their own ethical values and the social context of problems, recognize ethical issues in a variety of settings, think about how different ethical perspectives might be applied to ethical dilemmas and consider the ramifications of alternative actions.
- Students will design, evaluate, and implement a strategy to answer an open-ended question or achieve a desired goal.
- Students will interact with other students and evaluate the effort put into team tasks, interactions with others, and the quantity and quality made to team discussions.
- Students will comprehensively explore issues, ideas, artifacts and events before accepting or formulating an opinion or conclusion, and combine or synthesize existing ideas, images or expertise in original ways reflecting a high degree of innovation, divergent thinking, and risk taking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Oral Pathology
- Medical and Dental Emergencies
- Dental Materials
- Principles of Radiography
- Clinical Skills Development
- Dental Anatomy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 79 other Bachelors in Dentistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official high school (secondary school) transcript with grade point average equivalent to 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency by meeting one of the following.
- ACT or SAT: ACT English 18+ OR SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500+
- International Baccalaureate (IB): IB English A (4 or higher) or IB English B (6 or higher)
- High School Diploma from an U.S. high school: International students who graduated from an U.S. high school may be eligible to have the English proficiency requirement waived if they have a 2.6 or higher GPA (grade point average) and an official ACT or an SAT test score.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
National12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.