The program in German in the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics offers instruction and advising in German language, literature, and culture at the elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels to the benefit of students with a variety of curricular and career goals.
In cooperation with other departments of the College of Arts and Sciences, with the School of Education of the University of South Dakota , with language departments at other regental institutions, as well as with our partner universities abroad, we are committed to training professionals with a firm command of the German language and with a broad, interdisciplinary background in German culture (including history, literature, and contemporary civilization).
Through advising, mentoring, and in cooperation with our international exchange partners, we are dedicated to developing an intercultural awareness in our student population.
The German program at the University of South Dakota offers graduates a wide variety of educational and employment possibilities. It prepares you for a future in:
- International Business
- Medical Studies
- Foreign Service
- Fine Arts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Practical German Lang Skills
- Reading/Writing: Communication
- German for Commerce
- German Culture and Language in Translation
- German Literature
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 2802 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official high school (secondary school) transcript with grade point average equivalent to 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency by meeting one of the following.
- ACT or SAT: ACT English 18+ OR SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500+
- International Baccalaureate (IB): IB English A (4 or higher) or IB English B (6 or higher)
- High School Diploma from an U.S. high school: International students who graduated from an U.S. high school may be eligible to have the English proficiency requirement waived if they have a 2.6 or higher GPA (grade point average) and an official ACT or an SAT test score.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
National12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.