Chemistry from University of the Virgin Islands follows a rigorous curriculum set forth by the American Chemical Society (ACS). Our students take a series of benchmark courses (general chemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry and inorganic chemistry) that will allow them to pursue graduate degrees or employment upon graduation.
Students at Chemistry from University of the Virgin Islands will:
- demonstrate the ability to synthesize and characterize materials, analyze data, and interpret experimental results.
- demonstrate that they can use an NMR, chromatographs, electrochemical equipment, optical and atomic spectrophotometers and can interpret the experimental results.
- demonstrate they can effectively use computer software for structural rendering, modeling, and data acquisition and analysis.
- communicate effectively in oral and print form by presenting to both chemists and non-chemists at seminars and professional meetings
- graduate with skill necessary to find gainful employment in industry or government, or be accepted at graduate or professional schools or find employment as an instructor in either public or private school systems.
- demonstrate abilities in problem solving, analytical reasoning, and critical thinking.
- be able to pass standardized ACS examinations in analytical, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry.
- General Chemistry
- Quantitative Analysis
- Instrumental Analysis
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- High school curriculum
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 on the 4.00 scale
- An earned General Education Development (GED) diploma
International13892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6946 USD per semester during 48 months.
National13892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6946 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2315 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.