Students in the Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Shanghai University of Engineering Science are taught to: master the knowledge related to commonly-used drugs synthesis principle, rules of changes concerning physical and chemical properties, and the relationship between metabolism and pharmacological effects; are familiar with the chemical structure, physical and chemical properties of drugs and the relationship between in vivo metabolism and pharmacological effects; are familiar with the basic research methods of new drugs and the development direction of modern drug so as to provide a physical and chemical basis for effective and rational use of chemical pharmaceuticals.
Graduates have a grasp of the knowledge related to pharmaceutical chemistry, biology and foundation medicine and can engage in new drug research and development, chemical synthesis and production technology and other related work.
- graduates have a wide range of employment options; they can work in pharmaceutical industry, chemical and pharmaceutical industry, drug research and design units and institutions of higher learning and other departments;
- they can also take on technical and management work in enterprises of health care products, food, pesticides, cosmetics and other institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Full-time universities' academic year in China normally contains two semesters, Spring semester and Autumn semester,except for a few ones implementing 3-semester system.
- The first semester starts on autumn of each year, requiring fully submission of materials between late February and late July of that year; and the second starts on spring, receivingmaterials between late October and late January starting from the previous year to the current year.
- But the dates are generally set, hence, it is important to figure out every university’s specific application deadline for each semester,and when it comes to those universities of 3-semester system, it becomes more significant.
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.