The mission of the undergraduate program in Physics at Stanford University is to provide students with a strong foundation in both classical and modern physics. The goal of the program is to develop both quantitative problem solving skills and the ability to conceive experiments and analyze and interpret data. These abilities are acquired through both course work and opportunities to conduct independent research.
The Physics - Astrophysics Concentration program prepares students for careers in fields that benefit from quantitative and analytical thinking, including physics, engineering, teaching, medicine, law, science writing, and science policy, in government or the private sector. In some cases, the path to this career will be through an advanced degree in physics or a professional program.
- Observational Astrophysics
- Stellar and Galactic Astrophysics
- Cosmology and Extragalactic Astrophysics
- Continuum Mechanics
- General Relativity
- Basic Plasma Physics
- Planetary Systems: Dynamics and Origins
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 267 other Bachelors in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Physics majors are granted a Bachelor of Science in Physics with Honors if they satisfy these three requirements beyond the general Physics major requirements:
- The student files for entry into the honors program by completing an Honors Program Application (available from the undergraduate coordinator) by the same deadline as the Senior Thesis Application. Eligibility is confirmed by the department.
- The student completes a senior thesis by meeting the deadlines and requirements described above.
- The student completes course work with an overall GPA of 3.30 or higher, and a GPA of 3.50 or higher in courses required for the Physics major.
International36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
National36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
Regular quarterly tuition.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.