Why study with us?
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your degree.
- Travel the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia. You can even start while you’re studying with international exchanges and scholarships available.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your combined engineering degree.
Electrical engineers are employed in utilities, industry, manufacturing, consulting services and electronic design and development. Graduates of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honours) program from University of Newcastle might focus on electronics engineering. They could specialise in automation and control engineering, or they may work in robotic engineering or power generation and distribution. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Electrical engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- telecommunications equipment designer
- electrical design engineer
- automatic systems designer
- robotics engineer
- biomedical instrumentation designer
- renewable energy systems engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital and Computer Electronics
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Advanced Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 46 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 092849M
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38455 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38455 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.