Why study with us?
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your degree.
- Diversify your skills and knowledge: choose up to 4 elective courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design or entrepreneurship or take the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Mechatronic engineers play an essential role in a growing number of fields. They might take up careers in the robotics, aerospace, chemical, defence, automotive, marine, manufacturing, mining or finance industries. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
The Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) program from University of Newcastle is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- industrial automation engineer
- robotics designer
- smart infrastructure designer
- avionics engineer
- data communications engineer
It’s also common for engineers to take on senior leadership roles in innovative businesses. The CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers. In fact, engineering is the most common degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital and Computer Electronics
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 66 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 032765A
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38355 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38355 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.