Why study with us?
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your Mechanical Engineering (Honours) program from University of Newcastle.
- Diversify your skills and knowledge: choose up to 4 elective courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design or entrepreneurship or take the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Almost all industries need mechanical engineers. They work in medical, transport, automotive, aerospace, electronics, and mining industries, and in growth sectors like renewable energy, robotics, automation and advanced manufacturing.
Mechanical engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- mechanical engineering designer
- mechanical systems supervisor
- mechanical technology engineer
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Engineering Materials
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 67 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 018795A
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International39275 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39275 AUD per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 48 months.
National students are Commonwealth Supported.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.