At the University of Newcastle we train engineers capable of solving the world’s greatest challenges. As a mechanical engineering student, your degree will prepare you to help address the world’s future energy needs by taking biomass, wind and tidal power solutions to the next level.
You could learn to design self-driving farm machinery for ultra efficient food production, or develop the skills to tackle health issues by building revolutionary biomechanical solutions for people with disabilities.
Why study with us?
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your degree.
- Diversify your skills and knowledge: choose up to 4 elective courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design or entrepreneurship or take the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
Almost all industries need mechanical engineers. They work in medical, transport, automotive, aerospace, electronics, and mining industries, and in growth sectors like renewable energy, robotics, automation and advanced manufacturing.
The Mechanical Engineering (Honours) program from University of Newcastle is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- mechanical engineering designer
- mechanical systems supervisor
- mechanical technology engineer
- operating plant manager
- engineering project manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Mechanical Drawing/CAD and Workshop Practice
- Advanced Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 018795A
- Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37875 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37875 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have many scholarships available for international students. Some are awarded automatically if students meet eligibility criteria on applying. Other scholarships require a specific application and provide a higher level of scholarship benefit, up to and including full tuition covered. Please review the specific program of interest to see what you could be eligible for.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.