Why study with us?
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your Environmental Engineering (Honours) program from University of Newcastle.
- Diversify your skills and knowledge: choose up to 4 elective courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design or entrepreneurship or take the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Environmental engineers play an important role in industry and government. They may find work with consultancies, contracting firms, universities, research and development organisations, technology transfer companies or large manufacturers. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Environmental engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- water reclamation project designer
- environmental remediation technician
- environmental impact consultant
- toxic materials control engineer
- sustainable fisheries consultant
Remarkably, engineering is the most commonly held degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs – the CEOs of companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organisms to Ecosystems
- Earth Systems
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Applied Analytical Chemistry
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 78 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 011012E
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International38875 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38875 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.