What is computer systems engineering? Computer systems engineers use digital and computing technologies to solve problems in industrial systems. As part of a Computer Systems Engineering (Honours) program from the University of Newcastle you will study courses in areas such as information processing, data transfer, communications, commerce and travel. Students will learn to combine creativity with technology to develop both hardware and software for electronic and ICT systems.
Why study with us?
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your degree.
- Diversify your skills and knowledge: choose up to 4 elective courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design or entrepreneurship or take the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your Bachelor of Engineering degree.
Computer systems engineers are an essential part of wide range of industries.
They may find employment in computer design and development, instrumentation and control, ICT infrastructure, defence applications, healthcare systems and communication networks/internet development.
Computer systems engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- information and communications technologist
- computer systems specialist
- web developer
- information technology manager
- computer systems analyst
- network engineer
It’s also common for engineers to take on senior leadership roles in innovative businesses. The CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers. In fact, engineering is the most common degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital and Computer Electronics
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Advanced Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 64 other Masters in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 092848A
- Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38220 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38220 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
We have many scholarships available for international students. Some are awarded automatically if students meet eligibility criteria on applying. Other scholarships require a specific application and provide a higher level of scholarship benefit, up to and including full tuition covered. Please review the specific program of interest to see what you could be eligible for.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.