Focus your study around animation, interactive media, graphic design, illustration or creative arts and learn about diverse contexts including virtual reality, games, mobile apps and web content, cinema, television, branding and marketing and the publishing industry.
You’ll graduate ready to solve problems by tapping into dynamic visual training and design-smarts, empowered to build a business of your own or win a position in diverse organisations from Australia or overseas.
Why study with us?
- Our visual communication design graduates get jobs with 86% securing employment within four months of graduating.
- Gain professional experience through integrated placements and various opportunities to showcase your design skills, giving you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Graduate with an impressive professional portfolio of your work showcasing a wide range of design techniques to potential employers.
- Strong industry connections: engage with international designers and educators renowned for graphic design, advertising, animation, illustration and web design. Perfect your skills on-campus in our state-of-the-art creative facilities.
- TOP 300: in the world for Communication
- Creative collaboration: get more out of your Visual Communication Design programme at University of Newcastle with the opportunity to combine two majors from within the School of Creative Industries & graduate at the forefront of the creative industries with in-demand creative skills across multiple core disciplines.
Visual communication design is a dynamic, growing industry where vision and creativity are paramount. Our students benefit from intensive practical experience, impressive work portfolios and professional recognition from highly respected industry associations. In fact, graduates of the Bachelor of Visual Communication Design at University of Newcastle enjoy a strong reputation of being work-ready, with 86% employed within the first four months.
- Creative Collaborations
- Visual Design Principles
- Visual Design Projects
- Strategic Creativity
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- The Design Process in Theory and Professional Practice
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Graphic Design View 85 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 0100759
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International36770 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36770 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
National students are Commonwealth Supported.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.