Finally, students round out their CS curriculum with 2-4 elective courses. The electives can be classes from different areas in CS if a student desires more breadth, or they can be additional classes related to the student's track if a student desires more depth. The track-related electives also include courses outside of the CS department for students whose interests cross departmental boundaries and who would like to do interdisciplinary work.
Students interested in applying to the Computer Science (Honors) program at Stanford University must have a 3.6 GPA in courses counted towards the CS major. They must also have senior standing (135 units) by the end of the academic year in which they apply. Coterminal masters students are eligible as long as they have not already received their undergraduate degree.
Students must also find a faculty member in CS who agrees to supervise the research and thesis work. According to Stanford's guidelines, research supervisors for theses must be members of the Academic Council. In general, this requirement means that a research supervisor will be listed as some level of "Professor" in the Stanford Bulletin. For guidance on finding an appropriate project and supervisor, see the undergraduate research page.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Hardware Systems
- Artificial Language
- Numerical Analysis
- Software Systems
- Mathematical Foundations of Computing
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Computational Biology and Interdisciplinary Topics
- Independent Study and Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 1021 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
- Standardized testing is one of the application requirements that can highlight academic preparedness. There are no minimum test scores required to be admitted to Stanford, and there is no score that guarantees admission. At Stanford, we review applications holistically, meaning every component of the application is valuable to us as we get to know each student.
International57693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57693 USD per year during 48 months.
National57693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57693 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.