Develop an in-depth understanding of human biology through the Biomedical Science from Deakin University and graduate with the skills and experience to play an important role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases at molecular, cellular and systems levels.
Expertise in biology and the science behind disease puts you in a position to make a real difference in people’s lives. Explore early diagnosis, disease progression and prognosis, and the role of pharmaceutical science in the treatment of disease and improved health.
Graduates can confidently enter a range of health-related areas including:
- medical research
- genetic engineering
- the pharmaceutical industry
- pharmaceutical/medical sales
- laboratory technology.
You can also advance to honours or postgraduate studies, either in more specialised areas of biomedical science (which will enhance your professional development as a scientist), or in other disciplines including medicine (which will complement your scientific training and broaden your career opportunities).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Integrity
- Laboratory and Fieldwork Safety Induction Program
- Essential Skills in Bioscience
- Cells and Genes
- Chemistry in Our World
- Biology: Form and Function
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 32 other Bachelors in Bioinformatics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- This course uses the ATAR as part of its selection consideration
- If you wish for your professional, work, life or community experience to be considered you are required to complete and submit a personal statement
- CRICOS code: 085577M
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37400 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8224 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8224 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.