Graduates of this Medicine and Surgery from University of Otago may also apply for admission at second year. If successful, students will complete a further five years, then after graduation work for another year under probation in order to gain general registration.
There is a wide range of specialisation available in the public and private sectors, involving research, academic medicine, public health, clinical medicine and other areas. Specialties include Cardiology, Oncology, Paediatrics, Psychological Medicine, Surgery, Pathology, Public Health, General Practice and many others. Most doctors complete postgraduate training in their chosen specialty.
Medicine is a respected, rewarding, and truly international career.
- Health Sciences First Year
- Medicine Second Year
- Medicine Third Year
- Medicine Fourth Year
- Medicine Fifth Year
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 20 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the second year of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery programme shall be determined by the Medical Admissions Committee.
- Admission to the second year of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery programme is limited to a number, determined annually, of Domestic students (but see regulation 1(h) regarding International student admissions).
International26170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26170 USD per year during 72 months.
National11678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11678 USD per year during 72 months.
- National: $16,187.00
- Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) - $36,272
- Years 2-3 (per year) - $81,567
- Years 4-6 (per year) - $90,889
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.