Study the Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology) from Deakin University and gain extensive hands-on experience exploring coastal ecosystems and marine environments in an area that has some of the richest biodiversity in Australia. With a biological and ecological focus, this course equips students with the skills and knowledge to sustainably manage precious marine environments both in the classroom and in the environment through hands-on field trips in beautiful surrounds.
Gain practical experience in the field and hone your skills through placement opportunities with prominent marine and environmental organisations. Develop a deep understanding of how marine ecosystems function and gain skills in modern scientific research methods under the guidance of established scientists, all while building professional relationships that can help you when you graduate.
As a graduate with far-reaching knowledge of marine biology and extensive fieldwork experience you’ll be sought-after in a wide range of roles including:
- marine educator (e.g. marine aquaria or ecotourism)
- park ranger
- fisheries officer
- aquaculture technician or manager
- marine biology consultant
- laboratory technician
- local government environmental officer
- sustainability project officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Invertebrates
- Marine Botany
- Cells and Genes
- Chemistry in Our World
- Environmental Sustainability
- Marine Pollution
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Marine Studies View 26 other Bachelors in Marine Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- This course uses the ATAR as part of its selection consideration
- Personal statement
- If you wish for your professional, work, life or community experience to be considered you are required to complete and submit a personal statement.
- CRICOS code: 053749E
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8110 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8110 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National - Commonwealth Supported Place
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.