Build a solid foundation in primary curriculum and discover what it takes to teach and lead young people. Bachelor of Education (Primary) from Deakin University equips you with the essential knowledge and skills required to guide children through their primary learning years. From mathematics to science to technology; you’ll learn how to teach across a wide range of subjects and specialisations.
Through our Professional Experience Program you’ll not only gain key practical skills, but invaluable insight into the classroom environment. With the option to combine your personal interests with a range of curriculum areas, you’ll undertake placements that enrich and solidify your studies.
Studying a Bachelor of Education (Primary) will equip you with the skills and knowledge for a successful career in education. Upon graduation you’ll be ready to teach in primary schools within the private, independent, IB schools or public education sectors.
Graduates may also find work in other fields including:
- community services
- government agencies
- not-for-profit organisations
- IB accredited primary schools.
Deakin’s Bachelor of Education (Primary) is accredited with the VIT as a nationally accredited course for the purposes of teacher registration in Victoria.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Australian Literacy Test
- Australian Numeracy Test
- Literature for Children and Young Adults
- Perspectives On Learning and Teachers' Work
- Social Contexts of Education
- Teaching Humanities in Primary Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 225 other Bachelors in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
- Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee selection, which is based on merit, likelihood of success and availability of places in the course.
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on:
- Minimum ATAR of 70
- VCE Units 1 and 2 of General Mathematics or Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematic, or Units 3 and 4 of Mathematics (any)
- a study score of at least 35 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 25 in English other than EAL
- CRICOS code: 015204J
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30400 AUD per year during 48 months.
National4935 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4935 AUD per year during 48 months.
- National - Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.