We offer a bachelor degree in University of Tsukuba at the University of Tsukuba. First year offers a broad general education with students taking foundational courses in biology, chemistry, physics and math, along with courses in Japanese, English (for non-native speakers), cultural studies, sports and arts. We strongly encourage students to continue their Japanese language studies throughout their degree.
In second and third years, students can choose from a range of specialized subjects offered by the College of Agro-Biological Resource Sciences, while broadening their understanding by selecting courses offered by the other Colleges in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences.
Core transferrable skills courses provide training in how to prepare conference posters, give oral presentations, and prepare a manuscript for submission to a scientific journal. In the final year, students undertake a research project supervised by one of our professors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Sciences for Agrobiology and Forestry
- Applied Biological Chemistry
- Environmental Engineering
- Economics and Sociology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduates programs use a two-stage screening method.
- The first stage is a paper based screening, where applicants are required to submit their application, academic transcript, academic recommendation letter, personal statement, and financial plan.
- The second stage is a brief interview via teleconferencing. The interview will comprise a mix of general and subject specific questions.
International4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 36 months.
National4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tsukuba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.