You will need to combine it with a minor, or even a second major. The B.A. in Theatre from Western Kentucky University does not require an audition and is most appropriate for students who want the freedom to explore during their undergraduate years.
What you'll study
The curriculum includes study in theatre history and theory, performance, design and production, and a number of performance or production lab credits earned through involvement in shows. Ten hours of theatre electives allow you to further pursue whatever most interests you. B.A. Theatre students will often combine their degree with a major or minor in Film, Broadcasting, Creative Writing, Dance, Music, or Arts Administration. But really, you can combine your B.A. in Theatre with almost any other major or minor at WKU.
- University Experience: Performing Arts
- Fundamentals of Theatre
- World Theatre History
- Topics in Drama
- Musical Theatre History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Theatre & Dance View 1372 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Any student admitted to WKU may pursue the B.A. in Theatre degree. No separate audition or interview is required.
- A completed application (open WKU application for admission)
- Minimum academic requirements: Freshmen: 2.5 GPA / Transfer:* 2.0 GPA
- *Students with 24 or more earned hours of college credit
- English proficiency requirements
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Official Academic Records from schools attended with grades and any degrees/diplomas/certificates received. Should also include a literal English translation.
- Financial Evidence of Support must be provided to obtain an I-20
- Students transferring from within the US will need to fill out the Transfer-In Form
International27648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13824 USD per semester during 48 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5496 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.