On this BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Psychology degree course, you’ll use the latest equipment and techniques in our comprehensively equipped laboratories, and be taught by our team of BPS and HCPC Registered psychologists.
You can apply the psychological principles and theories you learn to optimise the performance of athletes in the world of elite sport. Or use your skills to help the public reach their health and fitness goals.
On this course you'll:
- Be taught by BPS and HCPC Registered psychologists who have extensive professional experience and access to the latest sport psychology research
- Get your hands on specialist equipment like PLATO Liquid Crystal Spectacles and our ASL Mobile Eye System, which you can use to measure performance and get the most out of athletes
- Use psychology and sports science facilities including a psychology laboratory (with interview room and media suite), biomechanics lab, physiology lab, kinanthropometry lab, immersion pool and 3 climatic chambers for manipulating temperature, humidity and altitude
Either before or following your third year, you have the option to choose a work placement year to gain valuable longer-term work experience in the industry.
Previous students have completed placements in organisations such as Professional Sports Clubs, Sports Injuries Clinics, Schools, the NHS and in Universities.
We’ll help you secure a work placement that fits your aspirations. You’ll get mentoring and support throughout the year.
Careers and opportunities
After the course, you'll be eligible to apply for chartered membership of the BPS on a graduate basis (GBC). This is the first step to becoming a chartered sport and exercise psychologist or HCPC registered practitioner psychologist.
Other roles you can do after the course include:
- sport and exercise scientist
- management roles in national governing bodies
- health promotion worker
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry. You can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coaching Principles
- Research Methods
- Key Ideas in Human and Animal Psychology
- Current issues in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Psychology of Coaching and Learning
- Biological and Cognitive Psychology
- Social and Developmental Psychology
- Individual Difference and Psychometrics
- Professional Practice in Sport Psychology
- Professional Practice in Coaching and Learning
- Physical Activity, Prescription and Promotion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Sports Management Sports Sciences View 212 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 128-136 points to include a minimum of 2 A levels, or equivalent, with 32 points from a Science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, PE, Physics, Psychology or Sports Science and the Active Leisure Industry or Sports Studies).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.