To graduate the Political Science program at University of Maryland Baltimore County, students must complete a minimum of 36 credits in POLI courses with a grade of “C” or better. These 36 credits must include a minimum of five three-credit lower level (100 and 200 level) courses and 21 credits of upper level (300 and 400 level) courses. Students have an option of completing the major with either a single subfield concentration or a dual subfield concentration.
The detailed requirements for a Political Science major list of all Political Science courses are provided in the Political Science Student Handbook available in the department and from UMBC’s Undergraduate Catalog.
To graduate with a major in Political Science (Major program requirements worksheet), a student must complete a minimum of 36 credits in Political Science with a grade of a “C” or better. At the lower level (100- and 200-level courses), students must complete a minimum of five three-credit courses. At the upper level (300- and 400-level courses), students are required to take a minimum of 21 credits, with at least two courses being 400-level courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Government and Politics
- Quantitative Analysis in Political Science
- Research Methods in Political Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1267 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.