The Department of History at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) offers an undergraduate major, minor, a minor in Public History and a minor in East Asian History, as well as the Master of Arts in Historical Studies and an Accelerated Bachelors/Masters Program. Graduate students interested in careers in historical sites, government agencies, museums, and other organizations may choose the Public History Track option in the M.A. program.
We encourage active learning and research experiences in the many museums, historical societies and government agencies in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. History majors may compete for Undergraduate Research Awards and publish in the UMBC Review. Graduate students participate in the annual Graduate Student Conference each spring.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Western Civilization up to 1700
- Western Civilization Since 1700
- American History to 1877
- American History, 1877 to the Present
- East Asian Civilization
- Global History
- Historical Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 2260 other Bachelors in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.