Students completing this Biology Education (BIOE) degree at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) will have a strong foundation in the biological sciences and will be capable of working in a range of technical positions in addition to secondary education.
With more than 30 tenured and tenure-track faculty members and lecturers, UMBC’s Department of Biological Sciences is one of the university’s largest academic departments encompassing a wide breadth of research and teaching. Research faculty in the Biological Sciences focus on:
- Cell Biology
- Computational Biology
- Developmental Biology & Immunology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Plant Biology
The department offers a full complement of baccalaureate and graduate programs leading to B.A., B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees, which are recognized for their emphasis on research, scientific approach, faculty contact, and extensive laboratory offerings. These programs serve to train a broad spectrum of future biologists and researchers, and to prepare students for graduate and professional schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Biology: Cells, Energy & Organisms
- Foundations of Biology: Ecology & Evolution
- Molecular and General Genetics
- Cell Biology
- Experimental Biology Laboratory
- Molecular and general genetics Laboratory
- Animal Physiology
- Ethics and Integrity in Scientific Research
- Principles of Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Elementary Calculus or Calculus and Analytical Geometry
- Basic Physics
- Statistics with Applications in the Biological Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Biology Genetics View 973 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.