The Asian Studies Program at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) equips our students with the knowledge and skills—including foreign languages—to help prepare them for various professional paths related to Asia, such as advanced academic research, international relations, international business and trade, governmental service, and international law.
Many of our students have gone on to purse their Asian studies knowledge by obtaining a master’s degree or working toward a doctoral degree in this or a related field.
Students are encouraged to purse study abroad opportunities so that they can immerse themselves in the language and culture of their chosen country. We have a robust Asian Studies Council of Majors whereby student connect with other students in the program, practice their language skills among their peers, enjoy social/educational events and make lifelong networking connections.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in Asian American Culture
- Internship in Asian Studies – Independent Study Elementary Chinese
- Intermediate Chinese
- Advanced Chinese
- Business Chinese
- Gender in Modern South Asia
- Intermediate Hindi
- East Asian Civilizatio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 2562 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.