The Peace & Conflict Studies program's multidisciplinary curriculum examines the causes, practices, and consequences of violence as well as peaceful or nonviolent methods of conflict management, resolution,and transformation. Students explore many factors shaping human conflict, including the psychological,social, cultural, political, economic, biological, religious, and historical.
Learning outcomesThe Peace and Conflict Studies Program at Swarthmore College draws courses from a range of social science and humanities departments at Swarthmore and the other campuses of the Tri-College consortium. Students in any major may add a minor in peace and conflict studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- International Trade and Finance
- International Economics
- Introduction to Peace and Conflict Studies
- Social Entrepreneurship for Social Change
- Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Social and Political Philosophy
- International Politics
- Democratic Theory and Practice
- International Conflict Resolution: Prospects and Pitfalls
- International Politics: War, Peace, and Security
- Crisis Resolution in the Middle East
- Be the Change: Social Entrepreneurship in Principle and Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science Terrorism & Security View 114 other Bachelors in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $60 application fee or fee waiver
- School report
- School counselor recommendation
- High school transcript
- Midyear grades: If your school does not have midyear grades, please provide a midyear progress report from your teachers.
International54256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54256 USD per year during 48 months.
National54256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54256 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Swarthmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.