The Geology program of the University of Nebraska Omaha not only prepares students for a variety of geoscience careers, but also provides a broad education in the Arts & Sciences, which prepares students for careers in other fields and areas.
Graduates from UNO’s Geology Program will be well-prepared to enter the workforce and pursue a career in the geosciences field. This could include working in the environmental geology and environmental engineering field, exploration for energy and mineral resources, in the policy and education areas, as well as being prepared to continue on to graduate school. Because our graduates are educated in the broad sciences as well as Geology, they are also uniquely qualified for careers outside of traditional fields (for example, environmental law, administrative positions in science related organizations, K-12 education, etc.).
- Environmental Counsulting + Engineering Firms
- Groundwater Management
- Petroleum Exploration
- Geology/Earth Science Education
- Mineral Exploration
- Natural Resource Management
- Museums/ Curation of Fossils
- National Park Education or Research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physical Geology
- Historical Geology
- Geoscience Data Analysis and Modeling
- Structural Geology
- Sedimentary Geology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Soil Science Geology View 110 other Bachelors in Soil Science in United States
- Submit an online application.
- A 3.0 or higher GPA
- Request official ACT or SAT scores be sent to UNO if you have less than 24 credits.
- Pay the $45 non-refundable application fee by credit card when completing the application for admission.
- Grade sheets and transcripts from each institution attended.
- Proof of English proficiency. Special Note: If you are unable to provide proof of English proficiency please apply to our Intensive Language (ILUNO) program.
- Copy of Passport.
- UNO Financial Affidavit.
- Bank statements showing adequate funding for one academic year.
International21718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21718 USD per year during 48 months.
National21718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21718 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8136 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.