At Hofstra, learning is a constant evolution, as you uncover knowledge in your classes and about yourself. And in the end, you’ll realize the person you were always meant to become.
As you move along in your studies, you may take courses in such diverse fields as geography, international business, political science, urban and regional studies, sustainability, economics, health, history - even food culture - and unravel their complex, changing relationships and the roles they play in communities locally, regionally, and around the world.
The Global Studies Program at Hofstra University is housed in the Department of Global Studies and Geography.
Global Studies majors are adventurous and politically engaged, with wide-ranging interests that can't be captured by a single subject or discipline. They want to understand how nations and peoples interact and influence cultural, political and social structures.
- World Regional Geography
- Cultural Globalization
- Senior Seminar in Global Studies and Research Methodology
- Population and Migration Geography
- Resources and Energy Geography
- Economic Geography
- Intermediate Geographic Information Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Hofstra has a rolling admission policy. International applicants are encouraged to apply by these dates
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 382 other Bachelors in International Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hofstra University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Comprehensive immigration support before and after arrival, including:
- F1 Visa interview tips
- Aiding with applying for OPT and CPT
- Maintaining lawful status
- Advising about travel outside of the U.S.
- Aiding with authorization paperwork for employment during their studies and post-graduation (EAD Card, Social Security Card, Driver’s License)
- Transition programs and services
- International Student Orientation
- Campus programming and advisement designed to foster academic and personal success at Hofstra University
International52216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26108 USD per semester during 48 months.
National52216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26108 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.