You will learn from expert faculty with professional experience and can choose either a business or creative emphasis for your courses.
Upon completion of the Communication - Advertising Option at Appalachian State University, you will be career-ready with practical knowledge. The program is designed to assure you acquire the following skills:
- The knowledge required for critical and strategic thinking in the practice of advertising communications.
- The comprehension necessary to evaluate and practice advertising communications.
- The ability to integrate problem-solving skills that allow you to create advertising solutions.
- The understanding of advertising’s role in a globally integrated society.
The Department of Communication’s advertising major provides practical experience and networking as part of the learning process. Opportunities include annual participation in the American Advertising Federation national student competition, offering the chance to create and compete with your own advertising campaign for national brands, field trips to connect with industry leaders, and a China study abroad.
Appalachian is committed to introducing students to different cultures and teaching them how to live and interact in a global society.
The Department of Communication has study abroad opportunities in Poland, China and Mexico.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Advertising
- Internet Communication
- Communication Law
- Communication Research Methods
- International Advertising
- Professional Ethics in Advertising or
- Advertising Campaigns
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 1060 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A complete online application
- A non-refundable application fee of $65 (USD)
- Official high school/secondary school transcript
- Official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, SAT or ACT)
- Official college transcripts
- Additional information if requested, upon submission of your application, by the Office of Admissions (This may include submitting a Criminal Background Check and Conduct Review as required by the UNC System.)
International19048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9524 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National19048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9524 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State4242 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2121 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.