This licensure is a dual certification in both regular and special education.
The Child Development - Birth Through Kindergarten Option (licensure) at Appalachian State University focuses on children ages birth to five years and their families. Graduates can work in a North Carolina public school pre-K or kindergarten. Licensure professionals also can work in non-school settings and agencies with children and families, creating supportive environments for children and families that will assist professionals who work directly with families and family service agencies.
Five required field experiences develop students’ professional skills so they are ready for the workplace.
Appalachian is committed to introducing students to different cultures and teaching them how to live and interact in a global society.
This program includes opportunities for study abroad and/or student teaching abroad. Students have studied abroad in Australia, Africa and Costa Rica and completed student teaching in places such as Ireland and Costa Rica.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Dev: 3-K Years
- Foods & Nutrition for Children
- Variations in Development Birth - Kindergarten
- Issues in Transdisciplinary Service Delivery
- Infant/Toddler Curriculum
- Preschool Curriculum & Instruction
- Kindergarten Curriculum
- Families in Educational Process for Children Birth-Kindergarten or
- Developmental/Educational Assessment: Birth-5
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 484 other Bachelors in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A complete online application
- A non-refundable application fee of $65 (USD)
- Official high school/secondary school transcript
- Official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, SAT or ACT)
- Official college transcripts
- Additional information if requested, upon submission of your application, by the Office of Admissions (This may include submitting a Criminal Background Check and Conduct Review as required by the UNC System.)
International19048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9524 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9524 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4242 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2121 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.