This area studies program is focused on Russia and Eastern Europe. A major or minor in this program serves the needs of: (1) general liberal arts students who wish to learn more about this important area of the world; (2) students who wish to pursue graduate work in this or related fields; and (3) students who seek employment in or related to Russia or Eastern Europe.
This Russian and East European Studies program at Florida State University also combines area or country specific courses, which give students the needed cultural immersion with more general comparative courses, and which also provides them with the necessary intellectual tools, the concepts and theories, to make sense out of their particular disciplinary concentrations. Students are to select language and thematic specializations in line with their intellectual interests and career goals and design their program of study around them.
- Modern European Art: Post-Impressionism through Surrealism
- Twentieth-Century United States Foreign Relations
- European Union
- Emerging Democracies of Central Europe
- Contemporary Policy Studies: Contemporary Southeast Europe
- Transition of Soviet and Eastern European Economies
- 19th-Century Europe: A Survey
- 20th-Century Europe: A Survey
- Modern Poland
- Russia to Nicholas
- History of Russia: 1825 to the Present
- Rise of Nationalism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 507 other Bachelors in Ethnic Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online.
- Submit your official ACT and/or SAT results for every test taken. Test scores must be received in the Office of Admissions by the deadline.
- Submit the essay.
- Submit the residency form.
- Submit the FAFSA, available in October.
- Contact the academic department directly if you plan to major in dance, film (animation or production), music, or theatre.
- Log on to the Online Status Check regularly to monitor the status of your application materials.
International37492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18746 USD per semester during 48 months.
National37492 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18746 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State11232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5616 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.