The curriculum in Biochemistry from the University of Massachusetts Boston generally follows the recommendations of the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB).
This is a rigorous and well-rounded program of study designed to accommodate the needs of a broad spectrum of students seeking a terminal or non-terminal bachelor of science degree in biochemistry.
Students completing a degree in biochemistry will:
- learn the fundamentals of chemistry and biology with emphasis on organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, genetics and cell and molecular biology.
- gain a deep appreciation of the theory and laboratory practices in modern biochemistry and a solid understanding of the interaction among metabolic pathways from a systems biology perspective.
- learn and apply the principles of scientific ethics with regard to use of sources, generating and reporting of data, and collaboration with colleagues.
- develop an understanding of environmental responsibility.
- upon graduation, be prepared to practice as a professional biochemist, whether in further study or in the workforce.
- Biochemistry Lecture
- General Biology
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Chemical Principles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry Genetics View 2172 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed UMass Boston online admission application
- Application fee of $100
- An official high school record, leaving certificate and/or graduation examination results or their notarized copies. All documents in foreign languages must be translated by a certified professional. Records must be sent directly from the institution to be considered official.
- Academic recommendation letter (from a school-based counselor and/or teacher)
- 500-word essay
- Test scores
International35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
National35515 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35515 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14542 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.