The 30-credit hour program in Communication Studies: Interpersonal and Public Communication at the University of Missouri - Kansas City includes a First Year Experience course; three critical thinking courses in the areas of Arts & Humanities, Natural & Physical Sciences, and Social & Behavioral Sciences; a Culture and Diversity course; a Civic & Urban Engagement course; two courses in Composition and one course in Communication; and a Math Pathway course.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- Demonstrate effective oral, written, and visual communication
- Conduct basic research through the identification, evaluation, application, and citation of appropriate scholarly sources.
- Identify key interpersonal communication theories and concepts as they pertain to relationships and interactions with others from diverse backgrounds and across different settings.
- Identify key rhetorical theories and concepts and how they relate to the design and evaluation of effective messages.
- Explain how cultural diversity presents challenges and opportunities in interpersonal and public communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals Of Effective Speaking And Listening
- Communication Studies Activities
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction To The Study Of Human Communication
- Rhetorical Theory And Criticism
- Group Dynamics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 1058 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic Records
- English Proficiency
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Finances
- Affidavit of Support
- Supplemental Materials
- Immigration Documents
International824 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 824 USD per credit during 48 months.
National299 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 299 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State294 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 294 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.