Beyond basic skills courses, you will learn a design process that encourages craftsmanship, original ideas, personal expression and aesthetics. Western’s industrial design degree teaches problem solving methodologies, marketing principles and usability research along with three dimensional model-making techniques.
Additional subjects include manufacturing processes, ergonomics, materials and design principles. The depth of training will provide you with the skills necessary to carry projects from conception to working prototypes.
Careers and Graduate Studies
Industrial Design is a highly competitive and professional service of creating and developing concepts that optimize function, value, and appearance of products and systems for the mutual benefit of both the user and the manufacturer.
- Introduction to Engineering and Design
- Introduction to Computer-Aided Design
- Industrial Design Foundation
- History of Industrial Design
- Sophomore Industrial Design
- Introduction to Metal Manufacturing Processes
- Perspective and Rendering
- Industrial Design CAD Skills
- Materials for Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design View 111 other Bachelors in Industrial Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The International Student Application for Admission
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- An essay that helps the Admissions Committee understand your academic goals, related experiences and/or preparatory course work, and professional goals
- Official academic credentials
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
International24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24120 USD per year during 48 months.
National24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24120 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6893 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6893 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.