We’ll provide you with a comprehensive education encompassing sensory science, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, microbiology, genetics, molecular biology, plant physiology and cell biology.
A four-year Honours Co-operative program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Oenology and Viticulture offered by Brock University is designed to meet the growing needs of the grape, grape juice and wine industries of cool climate regions. The aim of the program is to provide a comprehensive scientific education combined with both hands-on and industrial experience in Oenology and Viticulture, along with exposure to marketing, tourism and wine appreciation.
Since "wine begins in the field and ends in the glass", our graduates will be trained to work in the vineyard and the winery or may become owners and operators of vineyards and wineries. The program encompasses the scientific disciplines pertaining to the grape and wine industry such as sensory science, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, microbiology, genetics, cell and molecular biology, plant physiology and environmental biology. The program can enable our graduates to pursue higher education in any of
- Winemaker/winery consultant
- Vineyard manager/consultant
- Winery/vineyard proprietor
- Sensory specialist
- Oenology, viticulture or biotechnology researche these disciplines.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Wine Appreciation - Exploring Varietals
- Cultural Practices
- Wine Processing and Equipment
- Soil Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- For January start, deadline is two weeks before start of term.
DisciplinesFood Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 84 other Bachelors in Food Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Senior Secondary school credential appropriate for entry to university in your home country
- Academically rigorous grade 12 year
- Minimum B- average (higher for some programs)
- English Language proficiency requirements must be satisfied
International29280 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29280 CAD per year during 48 months.
National6090 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6090 CAD per year during 48 months.
- Tuition (Domestic) $6,090
- Tuition (International) $29,279.90 Flat Fee
Living costs for St. Catharines
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.