Earth Science, or geoscience, is a diverse discipline, incorporating aspects of physics, chemistry, biology, and natural history in the attempt to solve earth-related problems. Geoscientists provide basic information to help our society solve problems and establish sound policy for resource management, environmental protection, public health, safety, and welfare.
Careers and Graduate Studies
Graduates of the Earth Science - Elementary program at Western Washington University are in high demand for jobs and graduate programs in Washington and across North America. Western’s Geology Department has a higher percentage of licensed geologists than any other college or university in Washington State, and our students' success rate on the national geology fundamentals exam (required for geologists licensing) is 20% higher than the national average.
- General Chemistry
- Historical Geology
- The Earth and Its Weather
- Geological Oceanography
- Matter and Energy in Physical Systems
- Matter and Energy in Earth Systems
- Matter and Energy in Life Systems
- Matter and Energy in Chemical Systems
- Field Experience in Middle School Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Earth Sciences Teaching View 2619 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The International Student Application for Admission
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- An essay that helps the Admissions Committee understand your academic goals, related experiences and/or preparatory course work, and professional goals
- Official academic credentials
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
International24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24120 USD per year during 48 months.
National24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24120 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6893 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6893 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.