The Spanish BA program from San José State University helps students learn how to appreciate literary texts of the Spanish-speaking world (Spain, Spanish America and the Hispanic U.S.) and to recognize stylistic elements in the literature.
Graduates with Spanish from San José State University will be able to:
- develop and carry out research projects in Spanish, including term papers and bibliographical research.
- analyze and develop texts other than literary: for example, informal and formal correspondence, (applications for school or jobs, a resume, brochures, etc.) and to understand the use of appropriate academic and technical terminology.
- produce, analyze and rationalize the sounds of Spanish (phonology) as compared and contrasted with the sounds of English.
- analyze morphological, syntactic and semantic components of Spanish.
- Writing Workshop
- Advanced Spanish
- Spanish Culture
- Hispanic American Culture
- Spanish Phonology
- Spanish Morphology and Syntax
- Spanish Literature
- Spanish American Literature
- Hispanic Literature
- Hispanic Culture
- Hispanic Linguistics
- Spanish Translation: Theory and Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 3022 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at San José State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Earn the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or an average of “B” grades.
- Successfully complete three years of college preparatory mathematics with a minimum grade of “C-” or better.
- Submit official test scores from an approved English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS).
- Submit partial official secondary school (high school) transcripts and final transcripts.
- Take SAT or ACT (highly recommended).
International5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
National5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.