The Criminal Justice Management major from The City University of New York is designed to introduce students to the American criminal justice system, expose students to management issues and methods, introduce ethical considerations, and provide students with basic academic and management skills that are needed for supervisory and executive positions.
- Identify core management issues affecting delivery of services by criminal justice agencies.
- Describe the political, economic, legal, and social environments in which criminal justice agencies operate.
- Explain the constitutional and legal challenges of delivering policing, court, and correctional services in a diverse society.
- Synthesize information and use analytical approaches in designing appropriate courses of action for management-related problems in criminal justice agencies.
- Organize and communicate information to a diverse workforce and citizenry by means of oral presentations, written documents, presentation graphics, and online techniques.
- Observe and identify examples of decision-making, leadership and management skills in public, private, or nonprofit criminal justice organizations.
- Constitutional Law
- Writing for Management, Business and Public Administration
- Information in Public Administration
- Leadership, Supervision and Performance
- Decisions in Crises
- Administration of Financial Resources
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Criminal Law Criminal Justice View 512 other Bachelors in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ALL entering freshmen must apply to The City University of New York (CUNY) through the University Application Processing Center (UAPC).
- Request that all official high school transcripts be sent to UAPC
- If the student is a GED holder, photocopies of the GED scores and diploma must be sent to UAPC along with all high school transcripts. International students must also provide the following:
- Photocopies of secondary school documents/transcripts, mark sheets, and/or diploma
- A copy of the TOEFL exam, if applicable
- $65 non-refundable application fee
In addition to completing the online application, students must:
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.