Students in the Art History program from Western Washington University explore why culturally significant objects came to exist, what purpose they served, and how they continue to captivate us. By studying human expression through an engagement with culturally significant objects, images, and ideas, artists and historians document the changing world.
Careers and Graduate Studies
A degree in Art History prepares students for a future as a teacher, museum educator, gallery curator, visual resource librarian, art critic, scholar, and other careers that require creative problem solving and knowledge of visual language.
Western Art alumni have gone on to pursue their passions, including:
- Robert McCauley: National Endowment for the Arts fellowship recipient and professional painter
- Eugenie Tung: Head teacher for the Joan Mitchell Foundation Education Program
- Jim Goldberg: Author of seven books, National Endowment for the Arts and Guggenheim Fellowship recipient, and professional photographer
- Virginia Troy: Associate professor of Art History at Berry College
- Introduction to Writing and Critical Thinking
- Methods in Art History
- Senior Projects/Practicum
- Foundation Drawing
- 2-Dimensional Art
- History of Architecture
- Visual Culture in the Ancient World
- Visual Culture in Medieval Europe
- Visual Culture in 15th and 16th Century Europe
- Visual Culture in 17th and 18th Century Europe
- Visual Culture in Western Europe in the 19th Century
- Visual Culture in Western Europe and America in the 20th Century
- African Visual Culture from Prehistory to Present
- Visual Culture in South and Southeast Asia
- Visual Culture in East Asia
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Art History View 2246 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The International Student Application for Admission submitted by the application deadline
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- An essay that helps the Admissions Committee understand your academic goals, related experiences and/or preparatory course work, and professional goals
- Official academic credentials
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
International24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24120 USD per year during 48 months.
National24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24120 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6893 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6893 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.