The Industrial and Systems Engineering BSc program from San José State University is focused on productivity improvement, with concern for the human aspects of work as well as with finding the right combination of resources to ensure that the organization performs at its best. Using the latest computer-based analytical and modeling technologies, ISE bridges the gap between management and operations, applying organizational development, continuous improvement, Total Quality Management, ergonomics and production systems expertise.
Graduates with Industrial and Systems Engineering from San José State University will gain:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Engineering Economic Systems
- Lean Integrated Manufacturing
- Work Methods Design and Measurement
- Engineering Probability and Statistics
- Statistical Process Control and Improvement
- Design of Experiments
- Operations Planning and Control
- Service Systems Engineering and Management
- Supply Chain Engineering
- System Simulation
- Operation Research
- Analytics Workshop
- Engineering Reports
- Software Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 384 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- Earn the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or an average of “B” grades.
- Successfully complete three years of college preparatory mathematics with a minimum grade of “C-” or better.
- Submit official test scores from an approved English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS).
- Submit partial official secondary school (high school) transcripts and final transcripts.
- Take SAT or ACT (highly recommended).
International5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
National5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.