- The B.S.J. Journalism Strategic Communication Major at Ohio University gives students the ability to study in-depth the joint role of advertising and public relations in communicating topics and issues to target audiences as part of a solid liberal arts education.
- The strategic communication track responds to changes in the journalism world in which print and digital media are converging and communication professionals are expected to have skills in a wide variety of traditional, digital and social media.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Students are prepared for careers in advertising and public relations, including social media. Opportunities include work at private firms, nonprofit-sector organizations, and agencies such as advertising, interactive, public relations, branding, direct marketing and promotional agencies. The program also prepares students for graduate programs in mass communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Future of Media
- Communication Law
- Ethics, Mass Media, and Society
- Gender, Race, and Class in Journalism and Mass Media
- Advertising and Public Relations Research and Theory
- Advertising and Public Relations Writing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 790 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.